Friday, October 24, 2014

The Fragile X Study

So, I had a "first" today.  Someone tweeted me and asked me to help spread the word about a Fragile X Study.  I knew about it because the NFXF has been pushing information about it for a couple of weeks now.  And I've spread the word among my local families, but @Chanel_Ross asked me to blog about it, so I thought I'd share it here too.

THE FRAGILE X STUDY is seeking male and female participants between the ages of 15 and 55 who have been diagnosed with Fragile X Syndrome to enroll in this clinical trial. This clinical trial is studying the effects of a medicine on the cognitive and inattentive symptoms in people with Fragile X Syndrome.

Fragile X Syndrome, also known as FXS, FRX or Martin-Bell Syndrome, is a genetic condition that causes intellectual disability, behavioral and learning challenges and various physical characteristics. Fragile X Syndrome occurs in males and females, but males are more frequently affected than females and generally with greater severity. Fragile X Syndrome is a specific, identifiable condition with a known genetic cause. Fragile X Syndrome characteristics include poor eye contact, social deficits, poor communications and repetitive behaviors.

There is a great site with EVERYTHING you want to know about this study.  You can find it HERE!  

No comments: