Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Boo Boo Bear!


I cannot believe that Benjamin...Boo Boo Bear to us...turns 5 today!

Happy Birthday Sweet Ben! It feels like yesterday that I had him...it was a Friday as well that year, it was unusually warm for March, a beautiful sunny day.
I had a planned c-section b/c Ben only has 1 kidney that at the time was blocked, so they didn't want to put him through the trauma of labor. Meanwhile, it was me who ended up having a blood transfusion the following day b/c of the stress of child birth.
He has come such a long way...when I look at him NOW, it's hard to imagine how I had to carry him everywhere until after he was 2 b/c he didn't walk until he was almost 2 and a half. He didn't sleep through the night until well after 2. He didn't eat solid food until almost 3, too many oral motor issues.
Now? He's chattier than Matty (who's almost 11). Yesterday he told Matty to "Pull yourself together" when Matty was crying about something. I laughed...such a mimic and a parrot Ben is. This boy will eat ANYTHING...he'll drink ANYTHING...he'll go ANYWHERE....so unlike my Matty.
I don't think in my lifetime I will understand how Fragile X Syndrome works....both boys, same syndrome, vastly different and completely unpredictable.
Today is our last day of spring break....boys have been off from school since we left for Cancun on the 20th. We have a lot going on this weekend, but I will post all about our trip once they get back to school. It was incredible though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow 5!! Happy b-day Ben.

Jen said...

What a cute picture of Ben! Today is also our last day of Spring break, too; I think that yours was probably more fun :)
Kyle and Matt, who are only 2 years apart in age, are like night and day, also.

ALLY2HisHeart said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Benji! What a cutie...

I hope it's a wonderful day for him and your entire family.

What awesome kidlets you have there, Paula. Struggles and all..

Ally

KC said...

Happy Birthday Benjamin!! From what I hear, sounds like you had a great birthday. Even got alittle "human Touch" :)

May you day be filled with lots of love, hugs and kisses!

Kristiem10 said...

Happy birthday Benjamin!

Blake will be five in three weeks or so. Time flies! I agree about the differences two boys with FXS can have. My boys are as different as can be.