Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vertigo

vertigo
Main Entry:
ver·ti·go
Pronunciation: \ˈvər-ti-ˌgō\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural ver·ti·goes or ver·ti·gos
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin vertigin-, vertigo, from vertere to turn
Date: 15th century
1 a: a sensation of motion in which the individual or the individual's surroundings seem to whirl dizzily b: a dizzy confused state of mind2: disordered vertiginous movement as a symptom of disease in lower animals; also : a disease (as gid) causing this

Hmmm...Why you might ask? Why blog about the definition of vertigo?

My mom was diagnosed with having vertigo yesterday. Not only can I not do anything for her, since it has to run it's course. I can't go and see her in PA either.
I have my niece here from VT who is 11 like Matty plus both of my kids, and I have to take her back to Brooklyn tonight to return her to my SIL who lives in Long Island where she'll stay through my nephew's 1st Birthday party on Saturday.

Tomorrow night I'm supposed to leave for a Fragile X conference in St. Louis...but my mom was coming to stay here with my kids to help A out since his boss and the guy who reports to A are out this week, taking a day off is not an option.

So my mom coming...that's not happening....so I am in a furious dash to arrange for sitters, drivers, before camp care, etc....to make up for the one person that is my mom...I'm tired already and it's 9am.

Oh, and today, July 22nd is National Fragile X Awareness Day....check your in boxes!

2 comments:

KC said...

That sucks! Your poor mom. That dizzzy crap is NOT fun.

Hope you got it all together before you left.

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom is doing OK!