Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's been a long time.....

I can't even believe how long it's been since I blogged....mid-year resolution....blog more! 2010 has been a really tough year, but at least it's half over.
Anthony's mom's sudden death in January left us stunned. We're still shocked and saddened. I miss her very much...she was a very loving person and we'll miss that.

It's been a good year for me personally....I'm really enjoying the boys, they are growing up so fast! I'm working, which is very fortunate! Still on the Board of Education, and helping more and more NJ families diagnosed with Fragile X in my spare time!

My heart breaks for Anthony, it's been rough for him to cope with not only his mother's death, but will all the stuff that comes with clearing out her home and settling her affairs. Her home has 40 years worth of things...all of her children's things from their childhood. We laugh and cry a lot when we're there, as we go through all of her things, keeping those pieces that are sentimental to us and making piles to dole out to those special to her of her effects so that everyone has a "piece" of her to keep.

Boys finished school and are in camp now for the next 6 weeks. They are happy and thriving, and really, what else is there? I find myself feeling sad more often because as they grow older, and the Fragile X becomes more "there"... it makes me sad that Matthew doesn't have friends and experiences like I did when I was 13. It bothers me much more than it does him, but it's heartbreaking. Ben is still too little to be bothered by much of anything...he's 7 and going to be a 2nd grader. He loves Matty and I'm so thankful that at least they have each other, and that they aren't lonely, which either one would be with their inability to make friends if the other wasn't here.

We've been so busy as a family, and that's been keeping us going! More soon!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Does your school have the Best Buddies program? I'm SO thankful for that program!! They've been matched up with some great people who truly are friends....they go above and beyond the "requirements" for the program. The girl that Matt has been matched with for the past 2 years went to the BB international conference last weekend. Her heart is huge.
Yes, blogging, I'm trying once again to get back into it...