Wednesday, January 12, 2011

#keepitpositive

So, I Twitter. I love it, though in my limited technical savvy, I doubt I understand all there is to about Twitter. Of course, I have 2 accounts. One for Fragile X (FXNJ) and one for everything else (paulafasciano). My catch-all Twitter account follows news outlets, every cosmetic and beauty related product/manufacturer/blogger out there, working out,celebrities.

I love Twitter....I have to say. It's short and sweet and a great way to share a TON of information to a TON of people. I have tried TweetDeck and Seesmic, but I'm simple, so I prefer twitter.com.

It has helped me spread the word about Fragile X (I use #fragilex) when I tweet about it when I can. It's such a powerful medium.

Twitter measures topics that trend by the number of people who tweet with certain "hash tags" in their tweets.

One trending topic I noticed today was "keepitpositive. Seems like a good idea to promote a phrase with a good message.

I also learned a new word today, on Twitter, thanks to Lisa Rinna (I KNOW, but she tweets cool links). "Wasband" is that guy you WERE married to...your ex-husband.....was-band....I completely LOL at that one today....and with kids and husband home for a snow day, I needed a LOL by about 3pm!

That's all I got today....remember, I'm trying to #keepitpositive!

1 comment:

The X Factor After Little Becomes Big said...

I loved reading about your tweeting experience. My twitter account started when my daughter first left for college and I discovered that it was the quickest most effective way to still communicate constantly. Now, I've discovered that my son's high school news department ran by the kids interested in journalism actually tweet school news constantly. I don't know if other Mom's experience this, but having a child severely affected with FXS and autism who can't come home and tell me about what's going on, I always felt clueless. Not anymore. Twitter is amazing. Thanks for the #keepitpositive and the #fragilex "hash tags" reminder. I had not been doing that, and I should.