Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oprah gained a fan today...ME!...




You know...I DVR Oprah every day just because, well, it seems like such a mommy thing to do.
Turth be told, I rarely watch the episode...but I will if I know in advance that it's something I want to see...anything about children and autism spectrum disorders, health and fitness, shopping, home makeovers, people makeovers, etc...
I really enjoyed Monday's episode with Valerie Bertinelli, and learned a LOT about her that I didn't know.
Today also proved to not disappoint. WOW!
I don't like (achem..try not) to blog about Rick Springfield too much...because let's be honest, I lose a little credibility each time I do. I'm a full-time working mom with 2 Fragile X kids, a great husband, wonderful family, I am very involved with my kids and their "stuff" and it leaves little time for much else! Truth is, I love his music, and he saved my life in many ways because of his music...and a chance to see him sing live, is to me, more than a little slice of heaven.
By far, it was the most relaxed Rick I have ever seen. He really found a peer in Oprah. He was totally comfortable talking to her, and she did her thing...she asked some out of the norm questions, which I LOVED.
That's ALL I'm sayin......

2 comments:

KC said...

YES YES YES!!!!!!! To everything you said. It was by far the best interview I've seen him EVER give! Totally blew me away. He was comfortable, she was comfortable with him too.

They just clicked.

So, how many times have you watched it? ROFL ;)~

ALLY2HisHeart said...

And you said it all very well, Paula. I tape her every day, and watch most days (but not all days, opposite from you, I don't want the kids shows--unless about those important issues like health, autism, etc.)

Today was great! LONG time coming! And I liked the Valerie one a lot as well. I will still watch....because I try to improve and learn all the time. And I do think Dr. Oz is HAWT! LOL.

Ally