Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 - 7 years later

Maybe it's because it hit so close to home for me... my husband spared by minutes due to his tardiness on his way to Tower 1 (and, no he didn't work there, but was going for a 1 day seminar).

Especially today...when the weather is eerily reminiscent of the weather that 9/11...when my Matty was 4 and I put him on the bus and then started to run some errands that morning.

I remember every detail of that day. I almost wish I didn't....it's so imprinted in my mind...I cry every time I think about it.

My husband goes by Ground Zero on his way to work everyday...and I know he fights back the tears every time he walks by. I don't know how he does it.

Let's remember those who lost their lives that day and their families, still trying to put the pieces back together.

3 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

My thoughts and prayers are with the people most closely affected by this awful tragedy.

Anonymous said...

amen, Paula. We all have so much to be thankful for. I am glad that your husband was late that day.

I took today off today just to sit and reflect and cry and pray. I am watching my kids play in the yard and just soak it up.

KC said...

((HUGS))